Garden Recovery

After 9 years in Frankston, building up a lovely productive garden, I moved to Rowville.

Ah! The Dandenongs - nice loamy soil - no problem right?  Wrong!!!

I tried to dig in the garden and - concrete! Not the artificial kind, this was made of silty clay.
The garden beds had been covered in weed mat to reduce maintenance, however the previous tenant didn't know what that meant.
The whole garden was overgrown and couch grass had grown under and through the weedmat.
Because of years of neglect the weedmat was no longer a weed barrier but a weeding barrier. It had to go!.
Also the very clay soil had become compacted under the mat, just adding to my woes.

Ok, I'd just moved and brought lots of plants from the old house - I need to fix this quick!

The next posts will show how I went about it.

Comments

Popular Posts